WHO: President & CEO, Goodwill of Western MO & Eastern KS Stefany Williams; City Commissioner/Vice Mayor, City of Lawrence, KS Stuart Boley; Chair of The Chamber of Lawrence, Kansas Envoy Committee; Members of The Chamber of Lawrence, Kansas
WHAT: Grand Re-opening of Lawrence, Kansas Donation Center with new features:
· New donation double-wide door where attendants can help unload two cars at a time.
· New store has fresh paint, new floors, remodeled bathroom and a “college corner” with KU gear and more! The back room is reconfigured to allow employees to be more efficient and productive as they sort through generous donations.
· Open until 9p every day except Sunday (til 6p).
· Guided tour of the newly remodeled store at noon followed by light lunch.
· One of the most generous stores in the region with nearly 1000 donors a week!
WHEN: Thursday, March 9 at 11:30a, Ribbon-cutting and photo opp at 11:45a
WHY: A GREAT partnership!
Goodwill is so much more than our thrift stores! 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends supports LOCAL programs and services that empower job seekers.Goodwill is a leader in sustainability, annually diverting 15 million pounds of computers, paper, clothing and textiles from area landfills, recovering the value through resale and recycle. High res photos can be found here.
The Chamber of Lawrence, Kansas envisions a thriving, economically progressive and enviable quality of life for its citizens.